We can’t escape the influence of social media. Every morning, instead of first reaching for that morning cup of java, we reach for our phones to see what updates weve missed while we were asleep. It seems everyone is on social media but apparently some of us are a little more plugged in than others. According to Radio Ink, it is the Hispanic segment that outpaces all other groups in terms of digital usage and social media consumption in America.
Looking deeper within the Hispanic social media consumption, we see that Hispanic women are the driving force behind the trend. A 2012 Mobile Insight Study by Nielsen indicated that Latinas, in particular, turn to online information to make buying decisions.
- 81 percent have purchased a product online based on online information
- 77 percent rely on online lifestyle information help them make day to day decision
- 69 percent have purchased a product in store based on information found online
- 62 percent follow brands online
Young Hispanics are also leaving their economic and social imprints. According to NAHREPs 2013 State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, 20% of millennials identify themselves as Hispanic.
- 96 percent own a mobile phone
- 76 percent belong to a social network and use it to keep in touch with friends and family
Is your organization poised to communicate its message in the manner that appeals to the fastest growing consumer segment in the U.S.?